Call (704) 542-0049
If you have an emergency or urgent care need during regular business hours, call Providence Animal Hospital or get your pet to our Charlotte vet hospital as soon as possible.
After Hours Emergencies
If you have an emergency outside of our regular business hours, we recommend that you contact Carolina Veterinary Specialists with several convenient locations.
Carolina Veterinary Specialists
Open Evenings, Weekends & Holidays
2225 Township Road, Charlotte, NC 28273-3903
12117 Statesville Rd, Huntersville, NC 28078-9278
4099 Campus Ridge Road, Matthews, NC 28104
A veterinary emergency is any situations that requires immediate or urgent attention, or that could potentially be life-threatening.
The following situations are examples of emergencies that require immediate care.
- Severe bleeding or bleeding that doesn't stop
- Obvious signs of pain or extreme anxiety
- Choking, difficulty breathing or continuous coughing/gagging
- Seizures and/or staggering
- Bleeding from nose, mouth, rectum, or blood in urine
- Inability to urinate or pass feces, or pain associated with urinating or passing feces
- Injuries the eye(s)
- You know or suspect your pet has ingested something poisonous (such as antifreeze, xylitol, chocolate, rodent poison, etc.)
- Fractured bones, severe lameness or inability to move leg(s)
- Heat stress or heatstroke
- Severe vomiting or diarrhea; more than two episodes in 24-hours
- Refusal to drink for 24 hours or more